Soup- Beef and Vegetable Soup
Add whatever canned or frozen vegetables you wish to this easy soup.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound lean ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can low sodium beef broth (14.5-ounce can)
1 can sliced carrots, drained (14.5-ounce can)
1 can no salt added cut green beans (14.5-ounce can)
1 can no salt added stewed tomatoes (14.5-ounce can)
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 cup cooked egg noodles
1. In 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, in hot oil, cook ground beef until well browned on all sides, stirring frequently.
With slotted spoon, remove beef to bowl.
2. In drippings remaining in saucepan over medium heat, cook onion and garlic until tender-crisp.
3. Add beef broth, carrots, green beans, stewed tomatoes, basil and ground beef; over high heat, heat to boiling.
4. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally.
5. Stir in cooked egg noodles.
Recipe from myplate.gov.